Blogging Award Number Three
My love and thanks to adollyciousirony for honouring me with this award xoxo. Dolly is such a vibrant superwoman, as you’ll see from http://allaboutlemon.com/2012/07/23/you-are-loved-day-and-two-awards/#respond
The rules of the award are to tell people 7 things about yourself, hitherto not mentioned on your blog.
- Algebra is a complete mystery to me, meaning I failed my 11-plus, but I know my times tables back to front.
- When I was sixteen, someone asked me out who went on to become a famous actor. I turned him down because he was shorter than me and I fancied his brother more. No names mentioned here.
- I used to attend pop concerts with my mum. Sometimes we climbed on our seats and screamed, she in her white jeans and me in my miniskirt. We went to watch such legends as Jimmy Hendrix, Pink Floyd, and Genesis.
- When a lorry wrote off my Cherokee jeep, my son and I climbed out of it without a scratch, and my old dog slept through the episode. She might have opened one eye as our vehicle was propelled down the road attached to the lorry’s bumper, but she’d already experienced fourteen years of my eccentric behaviour, so probably thought it was just a new game. I’ve been scared of lorries ever since.
- I’m a Birkenstock-wearing, eco-green granny.
- My hair is a foolproof weather-forecasting instrument. Shining peace for sun. Frizzing insanity for rain.
- I hate fireworks, Auld Lang Syne, and crowds (despite my love of rock concerts as a teenager).
And here are my seven nominations for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”, given in appreciation of their eloquence, sensitivity, and power to move the emotions.
P.S. Is there a “Brotherhood of the World Bloggers Award”, as there are some great males worthy of such an accolade on WordPress?